An upcoming, one-night-only musical model of “Ratatouille” has cooked up a star-studded Broadway forged.
Some notable theater stars concerned within the challenge — premiering Friday, Jan. 1, 2021 — will embrace Wayne Brady (“Kinky Boots”), Adam Lambert (“Depraved”), Tituss Burgess (“The Little Mermaid”) and Ashley Park (“Imply Ladies”).
The musical, which originated on TikTok when New Yorker person Emily Jacobsen — who goes by Em Jaccs — posted a love ballad to the principle character of the 2007 movie, which has since been stirred into one thing bigger.
Earlier this month Seaview, the theatrical manufacturing firm behind “Slave Play” and “Sea Wall/A Life,” introduced the TikTok musical would grow to be a one-time occasion benefiting The Actors Fund, with tickets promoting for $5 on TodayTix.com.
The total forged will embrace:
- Wayne Brady (taking part in Django)
- Tituss Burgess (Remy)
- Kevin Chamberlin (Gusteau)
- Tony Award winner André De Shields (Ego)
- Andrew Barth Feldman (Linguini)
- Grammy Award nominee Adam Lambert (Emile)
- Tony winner Priscilla Lopez (Mabel)
- Tony nominee Ashley Park (Colette)
- Owen Tabaka (Younger Ego)
- Three-time Tony nominee Mary Testa (Skinner).
- With Cori Jaskier, Talia Suskauer, Nikisha Williams, JJ Niemann, John Michael Lyles, Raymond J. Lee and Pleasure Woods because the ensemble
“Ratatouille: The TikTok Musical” may even characteristic unique songs created by musical theater lovers on the favored social media app and will probably be carried out by the 20-piece Broadway Sinfonietta orchestra.
The occasion is ready to stream for 72 hours beginning Friday, New Yr’s Day. The beneficiary, The Actors Fund, has been supporting out-of-work performers and crew since Broadway shut down in March as a result of ongoing coronavirus pandemic.